Wednesday, May 27, 2015

MY DC/MY INDIA



What is the first thing that comes to mind when you think of Washington, D.C.? Is it the Capitol, the White House, and the seat of power? Those of us that live in Washington, D.C. know there is a lot to D.C. culture that doesn’t involve the U.S. government, however we are all somehow tied to it. As part of my blog, I want to focus on the theme of neighborhood and community. By interviewing young people in Washington, D.C., I hope to give a better understanding of how D.C. kids feel about their neighborhood and their city. Here you can watch some videos of young people in D.C. talking about their community. This is why I have named my blog, “Knowing Ourselves, Understanding Others.” In order to “understand others,” I hope to talk to and interview young people in India (mostly Kolkata/Calcutta) about their community and neighborhoods. I hope this will reveal life beyond assumptions and stereotypes and help us get to know each other better.

Question: How does your neighborhood or community impact who you are or who you become?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment